How to Claim a Custom URL on YouTube
A custom URL can be used to define who you are on YouTube, and can potentially make it a lot easier for people to find you on YouTube. Instead of having a random assortment of letters and numbers as your URL, you get to have something unique to you, be it your channel name, or your first and last name. The decision is up to you.
Recommended Size: 100
- You must have 100 or more subscribers
- Your account must be at least 30 days old
- You must have an uploaded photo as your channel icon
- Have uploaded channel art
How To Claim
- Sign into your YouTube account at www.youtube.com
- Click your icon in the top right corner>Settings then click Advanced underneath your profile picture in the Overview window.
- Under Channel Settings, there will be a link that says "You're eligible for a custom URL."
- You will only see this if your channel meets all the above requirements.
- In the following window, you will see a box that will allow you to set your custom URL. The section in the gray box cannot be edited.
- Once you select your custom URL, you cannot request to change it, so think carefully about what you want, before clicking Confirm Choice.